IT Services can assist UFV employees with both individual user and departmental software and hardware purchases. Both software and hardware are considered restricted purchases and can be purchased on behalf of the user by IT Services. Purchases of these items require a separate procedure regardless of the dollar amount and cannot be made using a credit card (PCard), Blanket Order (BO) or Direct Invoice (DI).
Restricted items specific to IT Services include:
- Computer Hardware (Computers, Monitors, Laptops, Tablets & Printers)
- Cellular and office phones
If you are unsure of the software you require or would like a quote on a specific license please contact the IT Service Desk. Include in your email/ticket, the name of software (if applicable) the need of the department/user, the number of licenses required and the requested date of completion. An IT Services employee will reply via email to your inquiry.
Software Purchase Procedure
If you are ready to purchase software complete a Supply Purchase Requisition (SPR) that includes the following information:
- The name of the person/user who will use the software
- The name of the software and specifications if applicable
- Requested installation date/deadline
- Include the Workstation ID number (see white label on the computer/laptop)
- Ensure the SPR is signed/authorized and budget code for the purchase is included.
Keep the bottom copy of your SPR and send the original document to IT Services (B244) attn: ITS Software Manager. An IT Services employee will reply via email confirming they have received your purchase request.
Common software requests:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud (20+ apps including Acrobat Pro DC, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and InDesign)
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
By using a software license, you are only purchasing the right to use the software. You do not own the software and cannot redistribute it to others. Keep in mind, software cannot be returned.
Some licenses are based around a yearly maintenance fee and specific to one machine and/or user, and often a single license cannot be used for multiple machines or users. If you require software for multiple machines/users, email email@example.com to ask about licensing options.