|Type||Internal funding opportunity|
|Purpose||Support UFV faculty with funding for direct costs of small-scale research|
|Amount||Up to $6000|
|Duration||Funds must be spent before March 31, end of UFV fiscal year|
|Eligibility||Type B faculty, Sessionals, LTA's|
|Deadline||Ongoing – apply online through ROMEO|
|Results||Announced within 3 weeks of receipt – longer if application volume is high|
The Accelerate Research Fund (formerly "Research Supplementary Fund") is designed to provide UFV faculty with funding for direct costs of small-scale research. Eligible activities include:
- Pilot research or other small-scale initiatives designed to lead to external funding applications or partnerships
- Projects that leverage this funding in applications for external funding or partnerships, special purpose, or limited funding for important research activity
As our budget is limited, these funds are not intended to be used as ongoing or sole support for a research program. They are designed to accelerate research activity that will lead to larger, externally-funded projects or to be leveraged with external funds when necessary.
Type B faculty, Sessionals, and LTA's are eligible to apply to the Accelerate Research Fund.
- May only hold one ARF grant per year
- Must complete all outstanding internal research funding-related reports (e.g., ROSA, SIG, RSF) before applying
- Faculty members who have received a ROSA release may apply to this fund for supplies and other costs associated with their ROSA-funded research
- Create an account / log in to ROMEO, UFV's online research portal
- Click “Apply New”
- Select "Accelerate Research Fund"
- Complete all tabs
- Detailed Project Description, Budget, and Budget Justification required
- If you are requesting ARF funds to leverage a project funded elsewhere, you may include PDFs of your project description from the other application
Need help? See: ROMEO tutorial on How to Apply for Funding
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria. Applicants who do not meet minimum requirements for funding will be rejected and/or asked to revise and re-submit their application.
- Importance and originality of the proposed research
- Potential for high quality student training
- Potential for impact within UFV’s communities and beyond
- Significance of proposed research to the advancement of applicant's research program and profile
- Potential of proposed research to leverage external research funds or to lead to external funding application/opportunity