The purpose of the Centres and Institutes Sustainability and Innovation Fund is designed to provide UFV research centres and institutes with funding that will enable them to implement a plan that will lead to improved long-term operational sustainability. Sustainability can be linked to increased capacity for research activities or partnerships that will attract future external funding which supports the activities of the centre or institute.
The funds from this initiative are not intended to cover the entire cost of the implementation plan, but must be leveraged with either internal or external funds at a minimum of a one to one basis. The fund can provide up to $50,000 per proposal.
All UFV-approved research centres and institutes administered under the auspices of the Research Office are eligible to apply. This funding is not meant for guest speakers, honouraria, stipends, existing salaries, nor one-time project funding.
Examples of eligible expenses may include equipment, software, and specialized expertise (with a plan for long-term sustainability or explanation of why the expertise is temporary). This list is not exhaustive.
Proposals must be no more than five pages and include the following:
- Summary of sustainability plan
- Description of funded initiative
- Explanation of how this initiative will contribute towards greater sustainability
- Budget with budget justification including sources of matching funds
- Implementation Timeline
- Measureable indicators of success
- Approvals or commitments of funding sources (not included in five-page limit)
- Proposals can be approved pending receipt of matching funds
This fund will have two intakes each academic year until it is exhausted. The next two intakes are:
- May 31, 2022
- September 30, 2022
Complete proposals can be submitted as a single PDF document to the Research Office email firstname.lastname@example.org.