Welcome to Baker House
Living in Baker House is more than having a place to sleep. It is also about connecting with others, building friendships, getting involved with the community, and expanding your learning beyond the classroom.
Our goal is to provide connection and support that helps make your university experience enriching, rewarding and fun.
Get ready to live in a campus community by reviewing our Residence Handbook. The Handbook serves as a guide for living in Baker House and includes information about:
- Baker House services
- Administrative procedures
- Community standards
Please familiarize yourself with them before moving in.
Fall 2019 move-in dates
First day of classes: Wednesday, September 4th, 2019
- New International Students — TBA
- New Domestic Students— TBA
- Returning International Students — TBA
- Returning Domestic Students - TBA
Student staff will be on hand to help you move in.
Arriving after business hours? No problem! Just dial '100' from the Front Lobby when you arrive or call
604-302-2362 from your cell phone.
Need to arrive before the official move-in date?
We are able to accommodate a limited number of early move-ins. Please note that:
- We are able to accommodate a limited number of early move-ins
- Send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is an additional cost of $25 per day for early move-in
Arriving After the official move-in date?
With the exception of pre-arranged early move-ins, the assigned move-in dates are firm.
Residents arriving after their official move-in date will be charged a Operational Fee of $200.
Meet new people, learn about living in a campus community, and eat great food!
Residence Orientation is mandatory for all first-year UFV students who plan to live on campus. Baker House's multi-day orientation is designed to support your transitiion to the University of the Fraser Valley and introduce you to your new home, help you make connections with new friends, and become familiar with Abbotsford. An official schedule will be emailed to all new students early in August. Below is an overview of what to expect
Date To Be Announced (TBA) - New International Residents Move-In Day
Date - TBA - New Domestic Residents Move-In Day
- We will have lots of staff ready to help you move in
- Lunch and dinner are provide
- From 4 pm - 8 pm a bus shuttle to and from a local shopping center is available for free
- Fun, social events are happening in the common rooms in the evening
Date - TBA - Residence Orientation for New International Residents
Date - TBA - Residence Orientation for New Domestic Residents
Date - TBA - Residence Orientation for All New Residents
September 1, 2019 - What's Happening
- Activities to be announced
September 3, 2019 - Residence Orientation for All Residents
- Activities to be announced
All students living in Baker House for the first time must attend Residence Orientation. Please help us prepare for you by registering today.