Dr. Jon Thomas joined the University of the Fraser Valley as the BC Regional Innovation Chair in Canada-India Partnership Development in 2017. He has over a decade of teaching experience in Canada and India and was teaching in the Management of Technology MBA program at Simon Fraser University (Canada) prior to joining UFV. He was awarded the AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship (India) and the MITACS Elevate Strategic Post-doctoral Fellowship (Canada) for his research.
Ph.D. in Technology Management and Strategy from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi)
B.Sc. in Statistics (AMU)
Regional and national innovation systems
View Dr. Thomas' Google Scholar Profile
Refereed Journal Articles
- Thomas, V. J., Maine, E. The impact of regional systems of innovation on the formation of university spin-offs by biomedical star scientists, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business (forthcoming).
- Maine, E., Thomas, V. J. (2017). Raising financing through strategic timing. Nature Nanotechnology, 12(2): 93–98.
- Maine, E., Thomas, V. J., Utterback, J. (2014). Radical innovation from the confluence of technologies: Innovation management strategies for the emerging nanobiotechnology industry. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 32(April-June 2014): 1–25.
- Maine, E., Thomas, V. J., Bliemel, M., Murira, A., Utterback, J. (2014). The Emergence of the Nanobiotechnology Industry. Nature Nanotechnology, 9(1): 2–5.
- Thomas, V. J., Sharma, S., Jain, S. K. (2011), Using Patents and Publications to Assess R&D Efficiency in the States of the USA, World Patent Information, 33(1): 4–10.
- Sharma, S., Thomas, V. J. (2008), Inter-country R&D Efficiency Analysis: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis, Scientometrics, 76(3): 483–501.
- Thomas, V.J. (2016) Review of Healthcare Best Practices in Supporting Technological Innovation. (Commissioned by Innovation Boulevard and the Office of the Assistant Deputy Minister of Health, Government of British Columbia).