SustainableUFV’s position within the UFV community is to act as a stimulus and a driver for environmentally responsible operations. With a diverse group of participants whose schedules and interests differ greatly, projects, campaigns, and events of varying duration, impact, and direction have proven to be the most effective method of garnering participation and strong leadership. A number of campaigns are replicated and improved upon annually, and other projects are one-off’s that leave a lasting positive impact on the campuses.
If you have an idea for a project, campaign or event, we’d love to hear about it! Contact us here.
Everyone is welcome to initiate and participate!
What's happening in 2018/2019?
A quick overview of the projects, campaigns, and events that are planned. Details will become available as they arise.
- Energy Wise Network
- Student Resident Energy Efficiency
- Sweater Week (February 11 - 14, 2019)
- Energy Challenge (November 2018)
- Ban the Bag – The bookstore has agreed to discontinue using plastic bags once a suitable alternative is found. (August 2018)
- Increasing composting on campus: Paper towel composting in washrooms & compostable packaging awareness (September 2018)
- Waste Audit 2018 (October 2018)
- Reducing single use coffee cups, water bottles
- Sustainable Events
- Waste Reduction: New Student Orientation events, Back to Work BBQ
- Develop targets and policies around waste and single-use plastics
Take a look at the evolution of sustainability efforts at UFV, and note the increase in the number of projects, campaigns and events over the years: