Enhanced Teaching Technologies
In this Workshop, learners will have a chance to work with emerging technology of 360 degree photos and videos and simple virtual reality gear. The focus will be on the technology, and how it can be used in the classroom. Participants will be able to:
- describe some potential uses of 360 video and still images for educational purposes
- shoot, post & manipulate 360 degree videos and stills online
- understand the rules of composition and shooting in 360 degrees
Participants should bring a smartphone, laptop, or tablet.
Kahoot Classroom Participation & Quizzes
Kahoot is a free, interactive tool that allows teachers to create tests, quizzes, surveys, etc. and play them in the classroom on any device (e.g., smartphone, tablet, or laptop) with an internet connection with instant results and high engagement from students / learners.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- how to create a fun learning game using multiple choice questions in minutes (‘Kahoots’);
- how to add videos, images and diagrams to questions to amplify engagement; and
- how to encourage players to create and share their own Kahoots to deepen understanding, mastery and purpose.
Adding Audio Narration to PowerPoint
Learn how to add audio narration to your PowerPoint presentation, including:
- initial presentation setup and recording
- technical troubleshooting issues with audio quality and equipment
- how to edit the audio after the fact
- how to incorporate other audio (and video) to the presentation
- selecting saving an appropriate file format
- how to share the presentation (e.g., upload it as an online course or to other media sharing sites)
View workshops and register.