Why UFV's Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education?
The Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education (BA AE) is the only provider of an undergraduate degree in adult education in Western Canada. The program has provided over twenty years commitment to the development of professionals who are instructing, administering, developing programs, or providing educational support for adult learners.
Earn your degree with our unique blended online model.
- All courses are online.
- Online courses delivered in a hybrid model with some face-to-face sessions.
- The face-to face sessions are scheduled in the evenings or Saturdays.
- Distance students participate through video teleconferencing.
- Receive a high level of interaction online no matter where you are located.
How to Apply
The BA AE program has exemplary transfer policies recognizing, among other things, Red Seals for vocations and trades-based skills, non-credit programs with equivalent outcomes and standards to our courses, and PLAR credits assessed at other institutions.
Get credit for what you know and do.
• Students can transfer 90 credits to the 120-credit degree program.
• Transfer credits from many types of certificates diplomas, and degrees are valued.
• Opportunities for credit through Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR).
Learn from experts.
• Faculty are skilled with the specific requirements needed to teach adult learners.
• Who are recognized for teaching special outcomes required for higher education.
• Faculty renowned for the development of student’s skills in teaching and learning.
Learn with other professionals.
Most program students enroll on a part-time basis. Students value the opportunity to link both practical and theoretical coursework to the needs of their work setting.
Program students are employed as are HR Professionals, Trainers, Instructional Designers, Counselors, Social Service and Community-based Providers, etc.
Infused in the BA AE program is one other designation.
• Workplace Education Certificate