GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
GDS is a broadly interdisciplinary program designed to equip students with the critical academic knowledge, skills and experience required to function effectively as development professionals in Canada or abroad or to continue on to graduate or other professional studies.
The Global Development Studies Curriculum is structured so as to give students:
- a sound basis in a range of essential skills
- a solid grasp of the history and theory of development processes and an appreciation of current debates in development practice
- an opportunity to develop skills and make contacts through a service learning (internship) component
- an opportunity to develop focused disciplinary knowledge and skills by fulfilling requirements for a minor or an interdisciplinary concentration
Interested in Global Development Studies?
- Apply today! Application for admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Global Development Studies are accepted for the Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters. For application information please visit the Office of the Registrar
- Looking for program information? View the Bachelor of Arts in Global Development Studies Program Requirements
- Interested in Internships? Please see our Internship Opportunities
- Looking for a shorter program? There is a 2 year Associate of Arts degree in International and Development Studies. Please see AA IDS for more information
- Students who have already advanced in their studies should discuss their programs with an advisoror one of the program co-chairs: