Purchase an employee permit online at myUFV. In the "Home tab" under "myUFV Records Services", click on "Employee Information".
Note: It has been reported that employees have experienced problems purchasing permits online due to browser incompatibility issues. Please try using an alternate browser such as Internet Explorer 9 or 10, Google Chrome, or Mozilla FireFox when trying to order online.
Permanent employee parking monthly payroll deduction:
Non-permanent employee (temporary employee by time sheet, sessional or term employment):
- Automatic deductions for non-permanent employees was discontinued as of July 30, 2013.
- Non-permanent employees may purchase an e-permit online at myUFV. In the "Home tab" under "myUFV Records Services", click on "Employee Information".
- Payment is accepted via your credit card only.
- One license plate per permit can be registered.
- Park in designated lots and stalls. See campus parking maps for Abbotsford campus map and Canada Education Park campus designated employee parking areas.
- Employee permits are valid on the Abbotsford campus and Canada Education Park campus.
- Employee permits are not valid on city streets, or at AC's Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow parking lots.
Guidelines for employees to cancel pay parking through automated payroll deductions
The parking rate structure is based on an annual rate of $300. This rate was calculated to exclude parking as a taxable benefit for employees at UFV.
In order to temporarily cancel (with the intent to later re-instate) automated payroll deductions for parking, one of the following situations must be applicable:
- Planned maternity leave in excess of 4-months;
- Planned educational or sabbatical leave in excess of 4-months;
- Approved short-term disability (STD) medical leave;
- Approved long-term disability (LTD) medical leave.
Process to temporarily cancel payroll deductions:
Those cancelling automated payroll deductions for parking due to a planned maternity leave in excess of 4-months, planned educational or sabbatical leave in excess of 4-months, or approved long-term disability (LTD) medical leave are required to relinquish their hanging parking permit to Ancillary Services (H158) prior to the suspension of automated payroll deductions. Verification and confirmation of the cancellation will be maintained through the communication streams between Ancillary Services and Finance. When the employee returns back to work, the employee will need to sign up for parking payroll deductions through myUFV, as outlined above.
Employees leaving on an approved short-term disability (STD) medical leave are required to keep their parking passes. Payroll deductions will automatically be cancelled upon the start of the leave and will automatically be reinstated when the STD medical leave ends (effective Feb 15, 2016).
The following list of reasons for the cancellation of the automated payroll deductions for parking ARE NOT eligible:
- Annual Vacation or Banked Time Off
- Leave of Absence (short-term)
- Utilizing alternative modes of transportation depending on season (bike, motorcycle, bus)