Officially becoming known as the Race and Antiracism Network (RAN) in 2010, our group is committed to raising the profile of race-related issues at UFV and beyond; addressing issues of racism, and developing theoretical and practical strategies and tools of anti-racism.
An advocate in promoting equality
Our objectives include:
- Raising awareness about racism and race-related (gender, sexuality, religious, class, dis/ability) issues at UFV, the Fraser Valley, and society at large;
- Organizing events for members of UFV related to race and anti-racism;
- Bringing together individuals and communities at UFV and beyond working on anti-racism, decolonization, and anti-colonial projects;
- Providing a space for people of colour, Indigenous peoples and allies to work on issues of related to race and acolonial politics;
- Resources pending, responding to local, regional, national, and international events and issues relevant to RAN;
- Facilitating dialogues and discussions within UFV among staff, faculty, administrators and students;
- Advocating for changes within UFV that are consistent with the above objectives.
Located on traditional Sto:lo territory, UFV strives to be an inclusive, welcoming, and evolving community. Human diversity and equity are core to the university’s mission and the betterment of society.