Fall 2023 information for faculty
- McGraw Hill Textbook Integration: Those using McGraw Hill Connect, please pair your textbook using McGraw Hill Connect LTIA in the Course content\Build Content. Blackboard will be disabling the building block on Dec. 20 2023.
- Fall Courses are set to the default setting to close Dec. 31 2023. Student will not be able to access after this date. If you need your course extended, please complete the Course Extension Form.
Winter 2024 information for faculty
- Blackboard (myClass) online course shells are set to open for students on Jan. 3rd 2024 according to the UFV's Timetable. If you need your course opened earlier, please complete the Course Extension Form
- If you want to copy over a previous course. Have a look at the Course copying tutorial at UFV Mediaspace or myClass Help. You can also contact Teaching and Learning for assistance in how to setup your course.
- If you do not see your courses in myClass, make sure your filter is displaying ALL Courses. Visit the Find Your Courses guide for help.
- If you still cannot see the course after the searching, check UFV Timetable and then contact Scheduling.
- Library Ezproxy is no longer available, please contact Diane Cruickshank if you find your video links broken.
- If you have course copied from a past course and see the Virtual Classroom (Collaborate Ultra), please delete the menu. You will receive a error. Zoom Classroom has replaced Virtual Classroom. If you need some support, please contact, contact Teaching and Learning
Zoom recording will need to be removed from Zoom Cloud storage at the end of each term to maintain UFV’s storage allotment. Removal will proceed after 31 days after end of Term date.
If you want to keep your Zoom recordings, there are two options:
- Save the recording on your computer or UFV OneDrive. For further assistance with this step, please contact askTLC@ufv.ca.
- If you need to use the recording in a course, please upload it to Kaltura, myMedia.
- Blackboard Disk usage has reached its licensed allotment. We have a number of Courses that are over 10 gb in size. We will be reaching out to those who have large course sizes. A reminder to those teaching this term to use Kaltura for uploading videos. This includes student video assignments. The following link will take you to UFV Mediaspace, Teaching and Learning videos using Kaltura.
- Add for your students a course weblink on "how to" submit a video assignment
Kaltura ( Video Management System)
- If come across Videos that view “ACCESS DENIED" for course embedded videos, Faculty are encouraged to re-embed the videos in the course if needed. For Assistance, please use the Report a Kaltura Issue form.
What do I need to know?
UFV has moved to a 2 year course availability in your Blackboard environment. This will help to keep our file storage limits within our license agreement with Blackboard.
What does this mean for me?
All courses outside of 2 years will be archive from your Blackboard Faculty course lists. Archiving means all courses will be backed up and saved on UFV servers.
What do I need to do?
If you want to keep or restore a copy of a course from any of these terms, there are two options:
- Save a copy of the course on your computer or UFV OneDrive. Faculty tutorials are available to help with exporting, archiving, and importing a course. For further assistance with this step, please contact askTLC@ufv.ca.
- Submit a Course Restore/Recovery Request to restore a course from UFV archive at any time. We will restore the course so that you can course copy what you need and then delete it from your list.