For a downloadable list of Community Supports and Resources, click HERE.
Counselling services - COVID-19 update
In light of the current situation, UFV Counselling Services are available by phone and online appointments via a secure virtual platform. All face-to-face appointments and drop-in services are now suspended until further notice.
To book an appointment with a counsellor:
- Call 604-854-4528 (Abbotsford) or 604-795-2808 (Chilliwack); or, if you do not feel comfortable calling in, email us to book your appointment.
- Our regular business hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- If you are experiencing a crisis after 4:30 pm or on weekends, contact the regional crisis line at 604-951-8855 or toll-free at 1-877-820-7444. If there is an immediate safety risk, call 911.
is now on Facebook! Get real time updates on upcoming workshops by following or liking us on Facebook
Free mental health supports available
The Government of British Columbia has recently launched Here2Talk, a new mental health counselling and referral service for post-secondary students. The service offers confidential, free single-session services by app, phone or online chat, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The BC Psychological Association is also providing free emergency mental health resources and support at this time.
Wellness Together Canada has also launched, providing mental health resources and supports to youth and adults.
Looking for additional COVID-19 Resources? Please see here for community resources: COVID-19 Resources
In need of self-care? The UFV Counselling team has also compiled a Self-Care Toolkit for you.
Welcome to UFV's Counselling Services
Going to university can be a rewarding and challenging experience. Meeting and talking with a supportive and knowledgeable counsellor can help.
UFV Counsellors can assist you:
You can also access Counselling resources on your own:
- Attend a counselling group workshop
- Download online handouts
- Discover support sources in other UFV departments
- Participate in our counselling awareness events
- What is counselling?
- What services are offered through the UFV Counselling Department?
- Is counselling confidential?
- Who can access counselling at UFV?
- How much does it cost?
- What if I can’t make it to my appointment?
- I’m an instructor at UFV. What can I do to help a student in crisis?
- I’m worried about a friend or family member who goes to UFV. What should I do?
Check out our FAQ