What is a bursary?
Bursaries are a supplemental source of funding for students with demonstrated financial need. First consideration is given to students who have exhausted all other types of funding (i.e. government or financial institution funding programs). Students who have not accessed funding may receive bursaries based on the availability of bursary funds.
- Demonstrate genuine financial need (as assessed by UFV)
- Be registered in at least 9 credits (6 credits for student with disabilities) at a post secondary level
- Show satisfactory academic achievement (2.0 GPA or better)
- Meet the eligibility criteria outlined in the award guide
- Provide all required documentation as per eligibility criteria to UFV Financial Aid & Awards
When can I apply?
Students may apply for bursaries each semester they are registered and attending.
|SEMESTER||APPLICATION DATES (unless otherwise indicated)|
|Fall||Between September 30 to November 30|
|Winter||Between January 30 to March 15|
|Summer||Between May 30 to June 30|
|Trades Students||Between September 15 to June 30|
Where can I apply?
- Log in to your MyUFV account
- Select Student Centre under the Self-Service links
- Log in with your UFV email address- verification may be required
- Go to Financial Aid & Awards and select Scholarships, Bursaries & Awards
- Select Web Application
- Complete and submit your bursary application.
For a complete listing of all UFV Bursaries and other awards, check out our Scholarship, Bursary & Award guide