Apply for scholarships and awards
Every year, millions of dollars in scholarships and awards are processed and disbursed to UFV students through UFV Financial Aid and Awards. If you receive excellent grades, you may qualify for a scholarship.
Not an 'A' student? If you are a leader, involved in a range of activities such as community service, student activities or volunteer work, you may qualify for a leadership award.
International students may apply unless otherwise noted.
Writing Across the Curriculum competition
Art History students who have received writing prizes:
- 2014 David Seymour
- "Undoing the Colonial Gaze: Adrian Stimson, Kent Monkman and 'Two-Spirit' Representation in Indigenous Art." — Explorations of Marginality category
- 2005 Kelsey Wilson
- "Beyond Naturalism: Salvador Dali's Dreamworld" — First-Year Research Informative category
- 2004 Megan Arundel
- "The Female Nude, the Male Gaze and Artemesia Gentilechi's Susanna and the Elders" — critical analysis
- 2003 Janet Smith
- "Henry Fuseli: A Study of the Sublime" — critical analysis
- 2002 Adam Neufeld "Photography and its Consequences"— critical analysis lower-level and Joseph Blessin "The Pre-Oedipal M/other and Child and the Search for the Female Phallus: Feminine Absence, Psychoanalysis and Art Through the Ages" — critical analysis
- 1998 Sandi Dressler
- "Toward a Future Hope: An Analysis of Augustus Egg's Past and Present" — critical analysis lower-level category
- 1997 Kathy Davis
- Lower-level research category.
For more information on the Writing Across the Curriculum competition, please contact the Academic Success Centre.