Update for Winter (January – March) 2024 semester:
Funding under the future skills grant program will be available in the winter 2024 semester for only those learners who initiated a program of study in the fall 2023 semester using their future skills grant funding of $3,500 and whose program extended beyond that first semester (midstream learners). To determine whether you qualify as a midstream learner, or for more information, visit the WorkBC website.
What is the StrongerBC future skills grant?
The StrongerBC future skills grant (FSG) is open to British Columbians aged 19 years or older regardless of financial need. The grant covers up to $3,500 per learner for eligible course costs associated with short-term skills training at public universities and colleges in BC.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the StrongerBC future skills grant, you:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person entitled to study in Canada.
- Must be a B.C. resident and currently live in BC.
- Must be 19 years or older or have graduated high school by the start of your course/program.
- Must provide consent for UFV to disclose your information to the Province.
- Should not be receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e., grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding that covers the same program costs as the StrongerBC future skills grant).
You should also understand that:
- FSG benefits may have tax implications.
- The FSG is subject to a lifetime maximum of $3,500.
- If you are receiving any federal or provincial benefit, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment Assistance (BCEA), you must seek approval from the appropriate government body before participating in a program.
- The amount of FSG funding you receive is subject to review and audit.
What programs are eligible?
The following UFV programs are approved for FSG funding:
Bookkeeping for Small Business
Building Service Worker
Canada's Ozone Layer Protection Awareness Program
Commercial Vehicle Inspection Automotive
Commercial Vehicle Inspection Heavy Mechanical
Digital Marketing Skills
FSR (Field Safety Representatives) Electrical Code Course
Leading Productivity in Aviation & Aerospace
Pesticide Applicators Certificate - Agriculture
Pesticide Applicators Certificate - Landscape
Powerline Technician Pre-Apprenticeship
Professional Communications Essentials
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.