The Bachelor of Arts in History offers a major, an extended minor, and a minor. A history honours is also available for students who excel in the history major.
The UFV History program allows you to:
- Study the past to understand the present
- Gain in-demand skills, including critical thinking, analysis, research, writing, and communication
- Be introduced to Arts-based methodology
- Work with an abundance of sources, whether written or oral
- Enhance your learning in other disciplines
- Learn about the diversity of perspectives on the past
- Enhance your understanding of other cultures
- Gain exposure to the history of people, places, cultures, and ideas
- Prepare for careers in fields such as teaching, public service, law, archives, public history, research, and journalism
In addition, students can enhance their degrees and obtain additional credentials in:
Graduates may pursue work in:
- Editing and publishing
- Historic preservation
- Federal, provincial, and municipal governments
- Consulting and contracting
- Schools, colleges, and universities
View entrance requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in the UFV Academic Calendar
This program is open to international students
Students who do not meet the entrance requirements can upgrade in order to meet prerequisites for university classes.
Book an appointment with an Upgrading and University Preparation advisor to discuss your upgrading needs.