Work on campus
Build your skills while you study. The Work-Study program allows you to gain 120 hours of professional employment experience over the course of one semester in conjunction with your studies.
Work-Study students are required to be full-time (enrolled in a minimum of nine UFV credits), and hold and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
Work-Study positions do not include overtime hours (over 8 hours / day and 40 hours / week). Working on statutory holidays is not allowed.
Faculty & Staff
Hire students to work on campus
The Work-Study Grant Program provides full-time UFV students with the opportunity to work part-time on campus. These professional employment opportunities help students gain experience and build skills to include on their resume.
- Work-Study jobs are flexible with class schedules
- Minimum wage + 10% in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays
- Each position is 120 hours to be completed within one semester
- The Work-Study Grant Program does not cover overtime (over 8 hours / day or 40 hours / week) or statutory holidays
Faculty and staff post their Work-Study positions and students apply directly to the posting through CareerLink.
Work-Study Operational Guidelines:
Work-Study Grant Application
- Call for Work-Study grant applications: January 15
- Work-Study grant application deadline: February 15
- Funding decisions sent to applicants via email: March 15
IMPORTANT: Please read the Work-Study Grant Program Application Guidelines & Supervisor Handbook - 2024/25 before beginning the application process.
To apply for Work-Study Grant Program Funding:
1. Download the Work-Study Job Posting Template 2024/25 to your files, then fill it out and save it; this is a required attachment for the application
2. Go to CareerLink > Home > Surveys > Work-Study 2024-25 Application
Note - If applying for more than one job title, please submit one application for each. Please remember to press "Submit".
Other Ways to Hire Students
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any Work-Study inquiries.