What is ROMEO?
UFV ROMEO is a research administration tool that allows researchers and research administrators to work collaboratively to manage internal and external grant applications throughout the research project life cycle.
Use ROMEO to:
- Notify the research office of grant or funding applications that you plan to submit. This step ensures that any institutional involvement required is met on time.
- Apply for internal funding opportunities such as research option releases, scholarly activity releases, sabbaticals and the SSHRC Institutional Grants.
- Apply for human ethics or animal care certification for your project.
- Collaborate on applications with your research team and administrators.
- Submit compliance related forms such as conflict of interest declarations.
- Receive notifications and reminders regarding the status of your applications and required action such as grant progress reports.
Reset your ROMEO password
If you have a pre-existing ROMEO account:
- Click on the green button ROMEO link found on the research website at www.ufv.ca/research. The link will bring you to the following screen:
- Select “Reset Password”. The system will not allow you to create a duplicate account with the same email. Do not create another account with a different email address.
An email will be sent to you to reset your password for you to gain access. It should not go into junk mail. Your information has already been entered into the system. If you do not receive a password reset request, your email is not in the system – please follow the steps in the section below or ask Kelly Tracey or Yvette Fairweather for help. Do not create a duplicate account by clicking “register” with a different email.
Register for a ROMEO account
- Go to: https://ufv.researchservicesoffice.com/Romeo.Researcher
- Click “register”. Complete the fields marked with a red asterisk (*) and click “register” found at the bottom of the screen.
- ROMEO will send you a confirmation email.
Note: If you do not receive your registration email, check your spam filters. The subject line begins with: “FWD: eRSO…” If you still cannot find the confirmation email, please contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com to follow up.
- Copy the confirmation code in the email, and follow the link.
- Paste the confirmation code into the box, and complete the form to register your password. Note: you only have to use this confirmation code once.
- You are now registered in ROMEO. You can use the screen you find yourself on to log in. Your username is the email address that you registered (or your UFV email address) and your password is the password you have just registered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs