How to invite family to Convocation from overseas
International students who wish to invite their relatives to Convocation are required by IRCC to write their own letters of invitation. Please refer to the IRCC website for more information and please note that the following are required to support your invitation:
- Submit a Graduation Request form to the Office of the Registrar before April 1 deadline.
- Once it arrives, print your OReg email confirming receipt of your Graduation Request.
- Print a copy of the UFV convocation schedule.
- Write your letter of invitation.
- Copies of the following must be submitted to IRCC:
- OReg email confirmation of Graduation Request Form;
- the UFV convocation schedule web page;
- your letter of invitation
If you need further assistance in this matter, please reach out to UFV’s International Senior Immigration Consultant (RCIC), John Fernando, via the Appointment Manager portal
- For virtual regular appointments/workshops, select UFV International Student
- For virtual daily drop-ins, check daily at 8am PST to find available times
- Please note, you cannot pre-book virtual appointments, the day before.