Guidance for In-Person Meetings at UFV
Whenever possible meetings should be held virtually. Where a face-to-face meeting is approved participants must adhere to physical distancing guidelines and remain at least 2 metres apart for the duration of the meeting. Meeting requesters may be asked why a virtual meeting is not possible.
A meeting serves a UFV business or organizational purpose. It is held to make decisions, discuss tactics and strategies or review plans. The participants are all known to the organizer and they are aware of, and adhere to, UFV health and safety protocols. An event serves an educational, entertainment or external community purpose. The participants are not all known to the organizers and/or may be from an external organization or the community.
Review the latest Guidance for In-Person Meetings at UFV prior to submitting a Room Booking request.
Members of the UFV community intending to host an event on campus must follow the On-Campus Events guidelines.
Advice on In-person Meetings at UFV
If you have any questions or require advice about in-person meeting at UFV, please contact Room Bookings Room.Bookings@ufv.ca.
How to Submit a Portal Request
Important - See "Notes" section for adjusted meeting room sizes due to Covid.
Please note: the room bookings portal is only accessible on campus within the UFV Network. If you're off campus and without a remote connection, please email email@example.com with these details below.
- Go to the portal. Login with your UFV network username and password.
- Under Requests, select 'Make a request' on the left hand column.
- Select Ad-hoc meeting or classroom booking.
- Select the location and specify which building/campus is required.
- Click on the calendar icon to show calendar dates.
- Enter the start date and duration.
- If further occurances are required, please check the recurrence box.
- Click proceed.
- Indicate how many attendees there will be.
- Optional: Please enter additional time requirements.
- Optional: Please enter additional room requirements.
- Enter Department, this must be filled in to proceed.
- Provide a brief description/purpose of the booking including name of approving Manager.
- Description must be filled in to proceed.
- Please specify the campus.
- Click submit.
- You will receive a copy of your request and Room Bookings will send a confirmation once booked.