Cost: $1991 + Supply Kit $450 (+tax)
Prerequisite: Students must be an active, licensed: RN, LPN, RPN, or NP (Nurse Practitioner) to take this course. Certification will be confirmed.
This course includes an in-depth focus on:
- Assessment of the foot and lower limb
- Prevention and education for the client with diabetes to assist in preventing diabetic foot complications
- Sterilization and infection control procedures used in reprocessing instruments
- Excellent review of the process and resources needed in starting your own business
Once registered, students must email firstname.lastname@example.org with their personal email, nursing license, and expiry date.
This course meets the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses (CAFCN) competencies and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA). It also includes cracking the Dementia Code certification. On completion, students have their own foot care ‘kit’ including four sets of instruments and supplies needed to start their foot care career.
- Email email@example.com with your personal email, nursing license, and expiry date as soon as you have registered.
- Course work will be completed through PedEd using the Moodle platform, not UFV Blackboard. You will receive an email with instructions to log on one business day before the course starts.
- Ensure your email address is accurate when registering.
- If you do not receive the email with instructions to your main inbox, check your junk folder.
- For technical support logging in or navigating the online learning system, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the online course work (theory-based learning) over the next 8 weeks.
- Upon completion of the online course work, students are required to attend the mandatory 3 day clinical (applied practice).
- Supply kits are distributed at clinical.
Note: This is a course, please refer to Student Resources for a Glossary of terms.
Students must be an active, licensed RN, LPN, RPN, or NP.
In line with PHO orders, students must be fully vaccinated to take this course.
No refund for tuition once course starts.
Clinical supplies are non-refundable and distributed in the mandatory clinical at Brella Community Services (15008 26 Avenue, Surrey, BC).
Delivery method: Blended
Coursework: Sept 1-Oct 19 | Online, asynchronous
Clinical: Oct 20-22 | 3-day mandatory clinical, in person, Fri/Sat/Sun, 8:30 am-4:30 pm