Cost: $1991 + Supply Kit $450 (+tax)
Prerequisite: Students must be an active, licensed: RN, LPN, RPN, or NP (Nurse Practitioner) to take this course. Certification will be confirmed.
This course includes an in-depth focus on:
- Assessment of the foot and lower limb
- Prevention and education for the client with diabetes to assist in preventing diabetic foot complications
- Sterilization and infection control procedures used in reprocessing instruments
- Excellent review of the process and resources needed in starting your own business
This course meets the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses (CAFCN) competencies and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA). It also includes cracking the Dementia Code certification. On completion, students have their own foot care ‘kit’ including four sets of instruments and supplies needed to start their foot care career.
- Provide nursing license number with expiry date and personal email when registering.
- Registered students will receive an email with instructions to logon one business day before the course starts. Students will complete course work through PedEd using the Moodle platform, not UFV Blackboard. Ensure the email address where you want to receive the message is accurate when registering. Check your junk folder, if you do not see it in your Inbox. For technical support logging in or navigating the online learning system, please contact: email@example.com
- Online course work (theory-based learning) is completed for the next 8 weeks.
- Upon completion of the online course work, students are required to attend the mandatory 3 day clinical (applied practice).
- Supply kits are distributed at clinical.
Note: This is a course, please refer to Student Resources for a Glossary of terms.
1. Students must be active, licenced: RN, LPN, RPN or NP
2. No refund for tuition once course starts January 17, 2022.
3. Clinical supplies are non-refundable and distributed in mandatory clinical at the
Come Share Society: 15008 26 Avenue, Surrey, BC
March 4, 5 & 6 (Fri, Sat & Sun) from 8:30am-4:30pm
Delivery method: Blended
Jan 17-Mar 3 | 20304, online
Mar 4-6 | 3-day clinical, 8:30 am-4:30 pm